Thursday, August 27, 2009

MISSION

Mission: To be an advocate and a catalyst for kingdom building movements, by working with developing leaders and ministries in telling their story and supporting their work.

My goal is to be available and able to move strategically towards the needs that God highlights.  I am passionate about building up the Body of Christ and serving the needs of this world. Throughout my life I've seen a disparity in resources for developing leaders, churches, and organizations. It is my hope to be able to subsidize this need by being missional. Through leveraging the resources who are my community (You and Me) We can rise up and effectively serve without being a burden to the people who need the help; while providing strategic, efficient, and professional  assistance and support. My role may take many forms such as: Discipleship/leadership development,  strategic planning, program development, outreach - (events; missions), marketing, and video production. 

I realize that this mission is different from the cultural standard of working solely with one organization or church for a salary, but this is similar to how Jesus lived, the disciples, and the Apostle Paul. Missionaries throughout history have been responding to the call and making appropriate adjustments in life to serve God. Being missional means I'm able to respond to the movements God is highlighting. In the end my hope is that this strategy would bless the work God wants to prepare and send out so that the whole world can know His love!


Vision: To see the Body of Christ unified as one voice and released to live out the call Jesus has for His Church so that His love can be known by the world.

“As a prisoner of the Lord, then I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit- just as you were called to one hope when you were called—one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all….From him the whole body; joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
(Ephesians 4:1-16)
In 2003 on the beach of Mauritania, a country found on the north west border of Africa, I received a call from God in the form of Ephesians 4:1-16. To pursue unity in the Body of Christ so that we may fulfill God's good and perfect will through us.

I believe it will not be by a massive organizational effort that the Body of Christ "The Church" will find unity and like mindedness. I believe it will be through relationships, community, and prayerful obedience. I foresee that as I am able to partner with developing leaders, ministries, and churches that I might become a common thread tying together relationships and making strategic connections. It will not just be me but all those God calls to live missionally - called to move and be mobile to His will. I believe there is a movement in the Spirit to truly develop and cultivate the faith community; that "The Church" would rise up not in religious obedience to a leader, church, or ministry but in ONE allegiance to Jesus Christ. Will you pray this with me? This is the end goal- this is the Vision.

Please pray about giving to this mission. All donations are tax deductible. (Donate)
 
You can also contact me about anything else, especially if you would like to receive email updates, prayer requests, or volunteer opportunities. (Contact Me)

 Worship and the Word Movement sponsors my mission. This is my ministry team and fiscal sponsor. It is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Find out more about: (www.WorshipAndTheWord.com) 

::Skate Ministry Video Project::

This is the story of Uriel Luebcke and his Skate Ministry - www.SkateMinistry.org - Uriel is a professional skate boarder, evangelist, and missionary. He has been reaching out to the skate culture for 12 years. He is currently the pastor of a skate church in Arvada, CO.

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
Arvada, CO, United States
I'm an idealist and I love Jesus. Thanks for checking out this blog!

jpatrickkennedy.com Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template