Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feburary Update 2010














Hello Everyone!

I can't hardly believe it's already the end of February! Either I'm having a lot of fun or this is a sign of aging... Either way I choose FUN! Let me take a moment and reiterate what a privilege it is to be writing this update to you! At what ever level you are in participating in this Support Team, (One time giver, monthly supporter, volunteer, prayer) it has highly blessed me. Please know that it honors and blesses God too! We are but a very small league of people embarking on a very HUGE journey of faith. God has revealed to me lately what this means and what this team is all about in His eyes and I would like to share it with you.

 The first thing is that this Support Team is about a community of like minded people aligning our hearts with God's. Please know that in God's perspective it's not just me going out to take on His full time work, but that WE are doing it together - through your Time, if you have volunteered or served with me here in Denver - With your Prayers, because those are SO powerful and are the spiritual weapon and protection that bind up darkness and release power and light in the spiritual battle that we are waging - And lastly with your Finances which is the key ingredient to aligning our hearts with each other and God; and a huge means by which He chooses to show His power. Man what a revelation! Particularly with the finance part. God uses finances to connect us with His heart and mission. Let me say it again...God uses finances to connect us -(His Followers) - with His heart and mission. God's heart for people. For His Kingdom to break out all over the earth. Because really, God has all the money in the world. Does He really need anyone to raise money for His Ministry? I don't think so. God's economy is about giving. Everything we have is because God has given it to us. It's all His. He's about giving it all away to connect people with Him and each other, capturing our hearts and minds, and encouraging passionate followers. This is His heart! I say all this to share what He is showing me and to encourage you in this faith journey with me.

We are a Support Team: 
Support meaning- To hold up; to serve as a foundation for; to keep from fainting, yielding or losing courage; to carry or comfort; to be an advocate!

Please pray for this! Pray that I might be able to connect with as many hearts and minds as I can to align us (His Church) with God and His mission. Pray for a revelation of Jesus' teaching about money. Please pray this verse over those God would put in my path, so that there might be understanding.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

A key example of this: A few weeks ago I made a call to a friend, he's kind of a distant friend because I see him maybe once every couple months, but our hearts are connected. I was stirred by the Spirit to contact him. As we're talking he began to share and divulge some very personal information about his financial situation, his small business that was being chipped away by the plummeting economy, his increasing pile of bills that couldn't be paid, his power that was recently shut off and his house that he may have to foreclose on. He has a wife and a 1 year old. He is a supper intelligent man, two masters degrees, accomplished in the military, a driven entrepreneur, and a man after God's heart, but he has found himself stuck. I know that God is trying to draw him into a deeper sense of who He is, a faith community, and how his Kingdom works. The Spirit came upon me and I began to encourage and minister, then God urged me to give to him so that he could turn the power back on in his home. Then I thought, but God what do I have to give? I'm living on unemployment and some family money... I'm not fully supported. I can't draw from my WWM account until there is enough to sustain me. Then God told me to send a check from Worship and the Word Movement and take it out of my account. So $400 went to this family in need. I tell you this story to encourage you in what God is doing through you! That it's by faith that we walk out this life with Jesus. God is providing for me right now in this time through some peculiar means, but I have provision, and He is using YOU, (US) - The Support Team - "To hold up; to serve as a foundation for; to keep from fainting, yielding or losing courage; to carry or comfort; to be an advocate!" for people - for me, for each other, and for those God puts in our path. We are holder's of the key to releasing God's Kingdom. We served this family together! With your finances! Your prayers that would give me the extra amount of faith to be obedient and give. 

This is an awesome example of what God has called this Support Team to do - To Support, live by Faith and to Give like crazy!

Because of your support of me. I'm able to support others in need. Thank You for your commitment to pursue this journey with me. 

Please pray this scripture over me:  
Luke 11:9-13 for more faith and more of the Holy Spirit in my life!

Please pray that I would be more like Mary, casting aside worries, to sit at the Lord's feet to listen. Luke 10:38-42 

Sincerely,
Patrick

::Skate Ministry Video Project::

This is the story of Uriel Luebcke and his Skate Ministry - www.SkateMinistry.org - Uriel is a professional skate boarder, evangelist, and missionary. He has been reaching out to the skate culture for 12 years. He is currently the pastor of a skate church in Arvada, CO.

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
Arvada, CO, United States
I'm an idealist and I love Jesus. Thanks for checking out this blog!

jpatrickkennedy.com Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template